Friday, March 27, 2009

USMTS Postponed Til Next Weekend, Car Shows This Weekend

My scheduled trip to follow the USMTS warriors will have to wait a week as the forecast all but forced USMTS and track officials at LA Raceway (La Monte, MO) and Thunderhill Speedway (Mayetta, KS) to postpone their events until next weekend. Although there is already a two-day race going on in West Siloam Springs (Oklahoma), USMTS found a good way to incorporate these races by rescheduling the La Monte race for Thursday, April 2nd. This way many of the "northerners" can catch a race on their way down to Oklahoma. Then on the way back, they can stop by Mayetta on Sunday, April 5th.

Due to this rescheduling, my weekend will now consist of attending car shows in Marshalltown and Mason City. Hopefully sometime this weekend I can figure out how to upload pictures onto my blog. If not, I can put a link on my website and post the link. I plan to go to Mason City on Saturday and Marshalltown Sunday. After the car show wraps up Sunday, the cars will then get the opportunity to head out to the track and get in a little practice time if they so desire. From what I've heard, a lot of drivers will be taking advantage of this opportunity as even some from the Mason City area plan to make the trip.

Check back later this weekend or on Monday and hopefully I'll have some pictures posted.

- Racing may be a hobby, but it's DEFINITELY addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment